Far from being a country devastated by wars, Vietnam has a lot to offer visitors who know how to appreciate it. Its nature os as generous as it is varied makes it a destination of choice for a change of scenery and rejuvenation.
There are about twenty visas for Vietnam, according to the reasons of your arrival and your status on the national territory.
To clarify the situation, it is nevertheless customary to say that there are 4 different types of visa for Vietnam:
The duration of a tourist visa is 1 to 3 months, The duration of a business visa is 1 to 12 months; The duration of an e-visa is 30 days;
For the business visa that allows you to stay in Vietnam up to 12 months, there are however some organizations (diplomatic, school) that issue visas covering the entire period of the employment contract (9 months, 1 year, 2 years, etc.).
15 days visa-free is offered for citizens of following countries : Russia, Japan, Korea, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Belarus, UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italia .
– Select the e-visa (or electronic visa) for a stay of less than 30 days by completing your request here: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/
– Go through your travel agency who will take care of your trip in Vietnam to ask them arrange the visa for you;
– Go directly through a company specializing in issuing visas (it will cost you more if you do it personally rather than through your travel agency);
– Go through the Vietnam embassy (or consulate) of your country of residence (also more expensive).
– Go through your partner on site who will facilitate the process with Immigration by calling on a company specializing in issuing visas;
– Go through the Vietnam embassy (or consulate) of your country of residence (you will in any case need a letter of invitation from the organization or company that recruits you). This option may cost more.
* In Vietnam, there are two possible ways to obtain a visa: apply directly to the Immigration Department of Vietnam. You will only have to pay the visa on arrival or at the Vietnamese Consulate / Embassy in your country of residence. However, the time will be increased considerably and the chances of getting it will decrease. This is why most tourist agencies and non-governmental organizations that recruit (schools, associations, etc.) go through companies specializing in issuing visas. Additional fees are added.
For the e-visa (30 days, single entry), if the application is validated by the Immigration, you will receive a document to be printed which you will have to present on the arrival in Vietnam;
For classic visas:
– If you go through the embassy / consulate, your visa will be issued directly on your passport before your trip to Vietnam;
– If you go through a travel agency / visa company, your visa will be issued upon arrival (Visa on Arrival) at international airports of Vietnam.
You will need :
Additional documents may be required on a case-by-case basis for the visa application. It is easy and simple for you to request for visa on arrival through an online agency.
Rates are not fixed and may vary from year to year.
It is necessary to distinguish the price of the visa itself and the price of the visa application (the steps).
An e-visa (30 days, single entry) is eligible for citizens of selected countries and it cost US$25 if you apply directly at the government website https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn and please note that the fee is non-refundable at government website. If you order your e-visa through an agency website, the fee is higher but they are fast and offer refundable policy.
For getting visa on arrival, you have to pay for 2 kinds of fee : service fee pay for the agency to get the visa approval letter and on arrival Vietnam, you have to pay for stamp when pick up your visa.
By going through the Vietnamese embassy, the rates are higher even if there are no additional fees to pay to intermediaries.
No application fee is required at the Embassy, however, visas are significantly more expensive.
Processing time for an e-visa at the government website is 3 working days but it usually take longer without notice and no online or offline support too.
Processing time to get the visa approval letter via an agency is usually within 2 working days, rush service within same days or 4 hours is available with extra cost
There is no fixed deadline, but a visa is usually delivered within a week (within 3 working days, according to the Vietnamese Embassy in UK).
In any case, the more we get ahead, the more we anticipate the complications.
Do not wait until the last moment to apply for a Vietnam visa!
I am Iniya, a newlywed from India who had an extravagant wedding in Vietnam. A perfect blend of various cultures, Vietnam is a mesmerizing country in South East Asia.
I am Rachit Agarwal from India, and I was looking to expand my professional horizons at a foreign land. I am into marketing, and I have found that Vietnam is brimmed with many lucrative marketing job opportunities.
I am Akriti, an Indian citizen who is passionate about traveling the world. Presently, I am on a quest to travel the entire Asian continent.
You are a Taiwanese citizen, and you want to travel to Vietnam. However, the place where you live is too far away from the Vietnamese consulate in Taiwan or is abroad, so it is not convenient to go to the embassy to apply.
Vietnam visa is required for all Taiwanese citizens. Taiwanese citizens are NOT eligible for e-visa.